*** Announcement *** deprecated icubmod plugins will be soon removed from the repository

*** Announcement *** deprecated icubmod plugins will be soon removed from the repository

Marco Randazzo

Dear rc-hackers,

Looking at icub-main/app/robots folder of the repository, we found a set of robots which are still using banned firmware builds and have not updated their yarp/icub repositories in the last one year.

These robots are:

01.  iCubAberystwyth01

02.  iCubAbuDhabi01

03.  iCubAnkara01

04.  iCubBielefeld01

05.  iCubBielefeld02

06.  iCubBielefeld03

07.  iCubLausanne01

08.  iCubLisboa02

09.  iCubLugano01

10.  iCubMunich01

11.  iCubPlymouth01

12.  iCubRome01

13.  iCubRome02

14.  iCubUrbana01

15.  iCubZurich01

This email is to remind to the users of these robots that the configurations specified in the robot .ini files are no more valid, because they refer to icubmod plugins that have been ALREADY deprecated months ago and will be definitely REMOVED from the repository in the next weeks.

For this reason, users that want to update their icub software are recommended to contact [hidden email] BEFORE attempting any “git pull” / “svn update” operation. In this way we will able to provide updated configuration files and step-by-step instructions about how to update their robot.

Cheers,

MarcoR

=================================

Marco Randazzo,  PhD

iCub Facility

Italian Institute of Technology (IIT)

Via Morego 30

16163 Genova, Italy

www.iit.it
=================================

Re: *** Announcement *** deprecated icubmod plugins will be soon removed from the repository

Giovanni Saponaro-2
On 2 December 2014 at 10:05, Marco Randazzo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Marco, hi all,

> Looking at icub-main/app/robots folder of the repository, we found a set of
> robots which are still using banned firmware builds and have not updated
> their yarp/icub repositories in the last one year.
>
> These robots are:
> [...]
> 08.  iCubLisboa02
> [...]

We would like to update the configuration of that robot (which is an iCub head: http://mediawiki.isr.ist.utl.pt/wiki/File:ChicoHead.jpg).

It has the EsdCAN USB-CAN converter. Can you confirm that it is still supported by the latest iCub software?

Thanks for any further suggestions, feel free to remove rc-hackers from the recipients of this email if you deem it appropriate,

--
Giovanni Saponaro
http://www.isr.ist.utl.pt/~gsaponaro/