Cannot import model (direct .x) in icub world

Cannot import model (direct .x) in icub world

Daniele Re
Hi to all,
I'm trying to import in icubSim/world a model (direct .x) made with blender (see attached file). After setting mdir path to the icub models i run  world mk model Pic.x a.bmp  0.3 3 10 (i have added Pic.x to icub models ) but comes out this error:
Response: [fail] "Check spelling and location of model file"
The other models work, for make the my model i use this guide  .

Best

Daniele

Pic.x

Re: Cannot import model (direct .x) in icub world

Tanis Mar
Hi Daniele,

Do not forget to set the models directory first using the command

world set mdir. For exapmle, on a project I am working on it worked like:

>>world mk model hoe5.x greenTexture.bmp  -1 1 0
Response: [fail] "Check spelling and location of model file"

>>world set mdir /home/XXXXXX/app/models
Response: [ok]
>>world mk model hoe5.x greenTexture.bmp  -1 1 0
Response: [ok]

Hope it works,

Btw, this list is being deprecatedin favour of the issues on Github's robotology page, either on the specific repo of a particular issue, or on the virtual robotolgy Q&A repo for general questions:
https://github.com/robotology/QA

best,
Tanis

<http://eris.liralab.it/wiki/Simulator_README#Importing_3D_models_into_the_simulator:>