Change the camera view of the simulator

Khoramshahi Mahdi
Hello hackers,

I am using iCub simulator (per-compiled version), and I would like to start the simulator from a desired camera view (closer to the robot). What I doing now is to use keys (W,A,S,D) and navigate in the simulator to get the desired view.
I am doing a user study, and I need this to be fixed every time I run the simulator.
Is there any config file that I can tweak?

Many thanks,
Mahdi

Re: Change the camera view of the simulator

Vadim Tikhanoff-2
Dear Mahdi,

unfortunately the binary version of the simulator does not incude any such feature to be modified via config file.
The only camera view change is a reset option either by using the “r” key or the “1” number if I am not mistaken. I think this could be a good addition to the simulator, I will investigate and implement it.
For the meantime I can provide information on how to change this in the code but you will need the source files from the icub-main git repository.
Best
Vadim