Connecting a yarp port to an iPad using udp

Connecting a yarp port to an iPad using udp

Vicky
Dear all,
i would like to send to an iPad unity application text messages via udp. Is there a quick way to do it? Unfortunately the iPad does not have any yarp installed because like that it would have been straightforward.

Using something like yarp connect /toIpad:o 10.0.0.10:7900 (it is a udp port) does not work (they are at the same network and via nc -u 10.0.0.10 7900 i can send the text commands so i know i can communicate) as i cannot connect.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance,
V.

Re: Connecting a yarp port to an iPad using udp

Serena Ivaldi-4
Hi Vicky & icubers,

I am interested in this topic. Is there a general way to make yarp communicate via udp with a tablet or a phone? Android or Windows?
I would prefer Android if possible as the Windows tablets are more expensive, and iphones/ipads are very expensive.

Serena

On 15 Dec 2014, at 15:14, Vicky Vouloutsi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
> i would like to send to an iPad unity application text messages via udp. Is there a quick way to do it? Unfortunately the iPad does not have any yarp installed because like that it would have been straightforward.
>
> Using something like yarp connect /toIpad:o 10.0.0.10:7900 (it is a udp port) does not work (they are at the same network and via nc -u 10.0.0.10 7900 i can send the text commands so i know i can communicate) as i cannot connect.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks in advance,
> V.

---------
Serena Ivaldi
INRIA Nancy Grand-Est
Team Maia - office C121
tel: (+33) 03-5495-8618
mail: [hidden email]
web: www.loria.fr/~sivaldi

Re: Connecting a yarp port to an iPad using udp

Stéphane Lallée
Try
yarp name register /iPad:i udp 10.0.0.10 7900
yarp connect /toIpad:o /iPad:I

Cheers,
Stéphane

Re: Connecting a yarp port to an iPad using udp

Stéphane Lallée
I guess one option is to do it "ala mano" : http://wiki.icub.org/yarpdoc/yarp_without_yarp.html

On a windows tablet installation of YARP should be straighforward (those tablets are basically normal laptops).
I suspect it is possible to install YARP on Android as it is Linux based, and I would be interested also in doing so. Maybe Ali knows how to do that ?

Stéphane Lallée

Fusionopolis, Tower South 10#104
Singapore
(+65) 6408 2074

Hi Vicky & icubers,

I am interested in this topic. Is there a general way to make yarp communicate via udp with a tablet or a phone? Android or Windows?
I would prefer Android if possible as the Windows tablets are more expensive, and iphones/ipads are very expensive.

Serena

On 15 Dec 2014, at 15:14, Vicky Vouloutsi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
> i would like to send to an iPad unity application text messages via udp. Is there a quick way to do it? Unfortunately the iPad does not have any yarp installed because like that it would have been straightforward.
>
> Using something like yarp connect /toIpad:o 10.0.0.10:7900 (it is a udp port) does not work (they are at the same network and via nc -u 10.0.0.10 7900 i can send the text commands so i know i can communicate) as i cannot connect.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks in advance,
> V.

---------
Serena Ivaldi
INRIA Nancy Grand-Est
Team Maia - office C121
tel: <a href="tel:%28%2B33%29%2003-5495-8618" value="+33354958618">(+33) 03-5495-8618
mail: [hidden email]
web: www.loria.fr/~sivaldi