Current and speed control iCub hand

Giuseppe
Dear all,

I would like to know whether it is currently possible to dynamically adjust the joint velocity of the fingers motor of the iCub hand without interrupting the current motion request.

If that is not possible, does it exists some sort of hack that allows me to change the velocity of a hand motor on the go such that it approximates a dynamic speed change realistically (i.e. before changing speed I check the current joint position and then I re-send the angular displacement left from actual position) ?

Is there a way to query the electric current sensed at the hand motors?

How are realistic is the speed behaviour rendered on the iCub simulator?
Do the needed components compile and execute returning dummy electric current values?

Many thanks for your help,
Giuseppe

Re: Current and speed control iCub hand

alecive
Hi Giuseppe,

I'll reply you inline.

Dear all,

I would like to know whether it is currently possible to dynamically adjust
the joint velocity of the fingers motor of the iCub hand without
interrupting the current motion request.

If that is not possible, does it exists some sort of hack that allows me to
change the velocity of a hand motor on the go such that it approximates a
dynamic speed change realistically (i.e. before changing speed I check the
current joint position and then I re-send the angular displacement left from
actual position) ?

I think this is called velocity control :)

Is there a way to query the electric current sensed at the hand motors?
How are realistic is the speed behaviour rendered on the iCub simulator?
Do the needed components compile and execute returning dummy electric
current values?

I don't know about the question on the current.
Regarding the simulator,
I think that it is currently not that good in simulating the hands. I would rather go on the robot.

Cheers,

Alessandro

Re: Current and speed control iCub hand

Giuseppe
Hi Alessandro,

Yes velocity control is the name, thanks! :)

I am aware it is possible to control the velocity, the question is how smooth the control can be.

If anybody knows whether it is possible at all to measure the current that would be great.

Giuseppe

On 29/10/14 18:07, Alessandro Roncone wrote:
[...]

Reasearch Assistant
Centre for Robotics Research (CoRe)
Department of Informatics
0044 (0)20 7848 2428

Re: Current and speed control iCub hand

Alberto Cardellino

The inteface IAmplifierControl  has the methods getCurrent(s) that allows you to get the reading of currents
http://wiki.icub.org/yarpdoc/classyarp_1_1dev_1_1IAmplifierControl.html

Alberto