Error in yarp connect

Stéphane Lallée
Hi !

I'm having trouble to connect ports. I connect sort of 2d arrays of ports together. My code is working fine for 2x2, but I just gave a try to 3x3 and I got no connection. When trying to manually connect the two guilty ports I get this message :

C:\Users\iCub>yarp connect /retina/1_2/retina/prediction:o /imageFuser/split/1_2:i
Failure: <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Bad

If I try a yarp ping on the source port I get :

"</BODY></HTML>"
"</BODY></HTML>"
"</BODY></HTML>"

Any idea what this could be ? (I'm on a win 8 machine if this can help...)

Thanks in advance,

Stéphane Lallée

*~~~~~~~~~~~~*
Synthetic, Perceptive, Cognitive and Emotive Systems (SPECS)
Universitat Pompeu Fabra
COMMUNICATION-POBLENOU CAMPUS (LA NAU building)
Roc Boronat, 138. 08018 Barcelona

http://specs.upf.edu/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Re: Error in yarp connect

paulfitz
Administrator
Hi Stephane,

Sounds like a collision with an existing service running on your
machine.  If you google for the port number shown by `yarp name query
/NAME/OF/PROBLEM/PORT`, it may help you identify it.  Taking a wild
guess, it might be 10243:

http://superuser.com/questions/541792/server-microsoft-httpapi-2-0-running-on-port-10234-on-my-windows-7-pc
http://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis-b135.0/-t45264.0.html
   "Port 10243 TCP is used by WMC(Windows Media Connect) to actually
stream the media to the PC."

Which is what the internet suggests for something above 10000 that is in
newer windows versions.

You have at least the following options available:
  * tell yarpserver to run in a different range (e.g. 20000 and up)
  * track down the relevant service and stop it
  * manually register the service with yarpserver

Cheers,
Paul

On 05/06/2014 06:31 PM, Stéphane Lallée wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I'm having trouble to connect ports. I connect sort of 2d arrays of
> ports together. My code is working fine for 2x2, but I just gave a try
> to 3x3 and I got no connection. When trying to manually connect the
> two guilty ports I get this message :
>
>     C:\Users\iCub>yarp connect /retina/1_2/retina/prediction:o
>     /imageFuser/split/1_2:i
>     Failure: <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Bad
>

> If I try a yarp ping on the source port I get :
>
>     "</BODY></HTML>"
>     "</BODY></HTML>"
>     "</BODY></HTML>"
>

> Any idea what this could be ? (I'm on a win 8 machine if this can help...)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Stéphane Lallée
>
> *~~~~~~~~~~~~*
> Synthetic, Perceptive, Cognitive and Emotive Systems (SPECS)
> Universitat Pompeu Fabra
> /COMMUNICATION-POBLENOU CAMPUS (LA NAU building)
> Roc Boronat, 138. 08018 Barcelona/
> http://specs.upf.edu/
> *~~~~~~~~~~~~*

> Is your legacy SCM system holding you back? Join Perforce May 7 to find out:
> &#149; 3 signs your SCM is hindering your productivity
> &#149; Requirements for releasing software faster
> &#149; Expert tips and advice for migrating your SCM now
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/perforce

Re: Error in yarp connect

Stéphane Lallée
Hi Paul !

Indeed it seemed to be the problem. The 20000 port fixed it. Thanks :)

Stéphane Lallée