FW: [Icub-support] iCubLisboa01 with upgraded skin

FW: [Icub-support] iCubLisboa01 with upgraded skin

Stefano Saliceti

Hi Giovanni,

for this kind of software-related question, I think the wisest thing to do is asking rc-hackers list.

This will hit both the maintainers of the wiki page you mention and knowledgeable people for the x32 – x64 compilation issue.

Cheers

S.

Re: FW: [Icub-support] iCubLisboa01 with upgraded skin

Konstantinos Theofilis
Hi Giovanni,

regarding the 32bit-64bit compilation:

The -m32 flag in gcc would do the trick.

Through CMake though, I *assume* that you should add in CMAKE_REQUIRED_FLAGS or in CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS the -m32 (in the advanced options screen of ccmake).

You should also have the 32bit version of libraries. In Debian/Ubuntu, you must:
dpkg --add-architecture i386
apt-get update

and then apt-get install the i386 versions of the libraries needed by yarp/iCub

Another option would be to setup a chroot environment with a 32bit debian/ubuntu distro in it.

Best regards,
Kostas Theofilis

On 29/09/14 16:18, Stefano Saliceti wrote:

Hi Giovanni,

for this kind of software-related question, I think the wisest thing to do is asking rc-hackers list.

This will hit both the maintainers of the wiki page you mention and knowledgeable people for the x32 – x64 compilation issue.

Cheers

S.

Re: FW: [Icub-support] iCubLisboa01 with upgraded skin

Marco Randazzo

Dear Giovanni,

I can confirm you that the laptop should export one single folder, called ‘code’.

This folder should contain the two main repositories, ‘yarp’ and ‘icub-main’.

Both yarp and icub-main should contain two subdirectories, ‘build-x86_64’ and ‘build-pc104’.

For the ‘build-x86_64’ folders, you should run ccmake and make using the laptop.

For the ‘build-pc104’ folders, you should run ccmake and make from the pc104 (ssh), not from the laptop. In this way you’ll not bump into any 32-64 bit issue (additionally, to compile the build-pc104 you’ll need the cfw2 drivers which are available only from the pc104 usb-key)

For the wiki issue I’ll check.

Cheers,

Marco

Re: FW: [Icub-support] iCubLisboa01 with upgraded skin

Giovanni Saponaro-2
On 29 September 2014 16:33, Konstantinos Theofilis
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Giovanni,
>
> regarding the 32bit-64bit compilation:
> [...]

Thanks a bunch for the suggestions, Kostas.
(In the end we managed to compile the pc104 stuff directly in a pc104
terminal, having NFS mounted our newly-configured iCub laptop - much
simpler this way, no need to specify those special flags.)

To rc-hackers and icub-support:

We started our upgraded robot (robotInterface). We noticed some
shaking in the head joints, please see this video:
http://youtu.be/GTPn2tfyAv0

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Giovanni

On 29 September 2014 19:00, Marco Randazzo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Giovanni,
>
> I can confirm you that the laptop should export one single folder, called
> ‘code’. [...]

Thanks Marco,

We did like you said, and we deduced the icub-main/build-pc104 CMake
flags by looking at the errors that robotInterface was initially
giving us. After we compiled the repository with these, the robot
started fine (apart from the head joints shaking issue that I posted
in an earlier email):

ENABLE_icubmod_canBusAnalogSensor ON
ENABLE_icubmod_canBusSkin ON
ENABLE_icubmod_canBusVirtualAnalogSensor ON
ENABLE_icubmod_canmotioncontrol ON
ENABLE_icubmod_cartesiancontrollerclient ON
ENABLE_icubmod_cartesiancontrollerserver ON
ENABLE_icubmod_cfw2can ON
ENABLE_icubmod_dragonfly2 ON
ENABLE_icubmod_dragonfly2raw ON
ENABLE_icubmod_icubarmcalibrator ON
ENABLE_icubmod_icubhandcalibrator ON
ENABLE_icubmod_icublegscalibrator ON
ENABLE_icubmod_logpolarclient ON
ENABLE_icubmod_logpolargrabber ON
ENABLE_icubmod_parametricCalibrator ON
ENABLE_icubmod_sharedcan ON
ENABLE_icubmod_skinWrapper ON
ENABLE_icubmod_skinprototype ON
ENABLE_icubmod_xsensmtx ON

Just a curiosity: are
icubarmcalibrator,icubhandcalibrator,icublegscalibrator obsolete, or
going to be obsolete? We noticed that the headcalibrators do not
appear in CMake anymore, due to simplifications introduced by
robotInterface (cool).

Thanks,
Giovanni

Re: FW: [Icub-support] iCubLisboa01 with upgraded skin

Marco Randazzo
I think that the PID gains of the neck are pushed too much.

Try the following:
locate the robotInterface configuration files executed on the pc104. RobotInterface does not execute the files located in the repository icub-main. Depending on how you configured your system, they can be found:

1- ~\.local\share\yarp\....   (use the tool yarp-config to copy robot file into this directory)
2- build-pc104\share\...      (this folder is overwritten every time you run ccmake/make)

Path 1 has the priority on Path 2. If you have doubts, just check the first lines of the robotInterface log, it will print which files are currently used (search for a line "found <path>")
Then edit the file:

<the path you have discovered>\iCubLisboa01\hardware\motorControl\icub_head.xml

search for a line:
<param name="shift">        8             8             6             4             5             5             </param>
And replace it with:
<param name="shift">        9             9             6             4             5             5             </param>

Remember that you are editing local copies of the repository file. After your tests, you'll need to commit the repository file (which is contained in the icub-main folder)

On 29 September 2014 16:33, Konstantinos Theofilis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Giovanni,
>
> regarding the 32bit-64bit compilation:
> [...]

Thanks a bunch for the suggestions, Kostas.
(In the end we managed to compile the pc104 stuff directly in a pc104 terminal, having NFS mounted our newly-configured iCub laptop - much simpler this way, no need to specify those special flags.)

To rc-hackers and icub-support:

We started our upgraded robot (robotInterface). We noticed some shaking in the head joints, please see this video:
http://youtu.be/GTPn2tfyAv0

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Giovanni

Re: FW: [Icub-support] iCubLisboa01 with upgraded skin

Marco Randazzo
robotInterface should use only parametricCalibrator.
All the other calibrators are kept for back-compatibility with iCubInterface (many robots still use it), but they will be removed soon or later (iCubHeadCalibrator has been already removed)
However, your robot will work properly even if you enable all of them, (the only drawback is longer compiling time). In fact, robotInterface dynamically loads the right plugin, which is specified in the xml files contained in the iCubLisboa01\calibrators folder (the relevant line is:    <device name="left_arm_calibrator" type="parametricCalibrator">    )
Cheers,
Marco

On 29 September 2014 19:00, Marco Randazzo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Giovanni,
>
> I can confirm you that the laptop should export one single folder,
> called ‘code’. [...]

Thanks Marco,

We did like you said, and we deduced the icub-main/build-pc104 CMake flags by looking at the errors that robotInterface was initially giving us. After we compiled the repository with these, the robot started fine (apart from the head joints shaking issue that I posted in an earlier email):

ENABLE_icubmod_canBusAnalogSensor ON
ENABLE_icubmod_canBusSkin ON
ENABLE_icubmod_canBusVirtualAnalogSensor ON
ENABLE_icubmod_canmotioncontrol ON
ENABLE_icubmod_cartesiancontrollerclient ON
ENABLE_icubmod_cartesiancontrollerserver ON
ENABLE_icubmod_cfw2can ON
ENABLE_icubmod_dragonfly2 ON
ENABLE_icubmod_dragonfly2raw ON
ENABLE_icubmod_icubarmcalibrator ON
ENABLE_icubmod_icubhandcalibrator ON
ENABLE_icubmod_icublegscalibrator ON
ENABLE_icubmod_logpolarclient ON
ENABLE_icubmod_logpolargrabber ON
ENABLE_icubmod_parametricCalibrator ON
ENABLE_icubmod_sharedcan ON
ENABLE_icubmod_skinWrapper ON
ENABLE_icubmod_skinprototype ON
ENABLE_icubmod_xsensmtx ON

Just a curiosity: are
icubarmcalibrator,icubhandcalibrator,icublegscalibrator obsolete, or going to be obsolete? We noticed that the headcalibrators do not appear in CMake anymore, due to simplifications introduced by robotInterface (cool).

Thanks,
Giovanni

Re: FW: [Icub-support] iCubLisboa01 with upgraded skin

Lorenzo Jamone
Thanks Marco,
with shift=9 it works well ;)

Ciao!