Fw: Installing Yarp & iCub on Windows 7 32 bit

Fw: Installing Yarp & iCub on Windows 7 32 bit

Yasin ÜNAL

> Hi everyone,
>
> For Windows users, I hope these instructions will be
> useful:
>
> Here are the steps: (All installations for Win 7 32 bit) I
> hope there is no missing part. If you have any issue, just
> tell me.
>
> I have done all these instructions on a new fresh installed
> Windows 7 32 bit on a VM workstation.
>
> - Install JDK 1.7.0.71 and be sure java installed correctly
> (screenshot1.png)
>
> - Install Microsoft Visual Studio C++ Express 2010 (Needed
> C++ compiler)
>
> - Install Cmake 3.0.2
>
> - Install Yarp 2.3.63_v10_x86 (screenshot2.png)
>
> - Then extract all folders in yarp-2.3.63.zip into the
> installation directory of yarp (default
> C:\robotology\yarp-2.3.63\)
>
> - Now you will have “bindings” folder under
> C:\robotology\yarp-2.3.63\.
>
> - Create a folder named “build” under
> C:\robotology\yarp-2.3.63\
>
> - Run cmake and configure till there is not red
> configuration exists. (screenshot3.png, screenshot4.png,
> screenshot5.png)
>
> - Then click Generate on cmake application.
>
> - Now you have to find a MSVC10 solution (*.sln) file under
> C:\robotology\yarp-2.3.63\build. If you don't, you probably
> miss something :) (screenshot6.png)
>
> - Open Project.sln file with Microsoft Visual Studio Express
> 2010 and build it on Release mode.  It will create
> Release folder under C:\robotology\yarp-2.3.63\build as
> shown above.  Now there is jyarp.dll under
> C:\robotology\yarp-2.3.63\build\Release
> (screenshot7.png)
>
> - There is also lots of *.java files under
> C:\robotology\yarp-2.3.63\build\generated_src
> (screenshot8.png)
>
> - These source files need to be compiled with JDK
> 1.7.0.71.  Compile *.java files
> C:\robotology\yarp-2.3.63\build\generated_src
> Open a command prompt and go to JDK_HOME (usually C:\Program
> Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_71\bin).
> Type and execute this command "javac
> C:\robotology\yarp-2.3.63\build\generated_src\*.java"
>
> - After compile operation, *.class files will be obtained
> after compilation.
> You will see the class files in the same directory with
> *.java files (screenshot10.png)
>
> - Create a folder whose name is “jyarp” under
> C:\robotology\yarp-2.3.63\build\generated_src.
> (screenshot11.png)
> - Create a folder under “yarp” folder under “jyarp”.
> (screenshot12.png)
>
> - Copy jyarp.* files which you created on previous steps
> into jyarp folder.
> - Copy LoadYarp.class and YarpImageHelper.class files into
> jyarp folder.
> - Copy all other *.class files into
> C:\robotology\yarp-2.3.63\build\generated_src\jyarp\yarp
> folder (Because of java namespace packaging name)
> - Copy this jyarp folder into may MATLAB root path.
> (screenshot13.png)
>

> - Edit MATLAB classpath.txt file. Add the necessary line if
> [...]

screenshot1.png (10K) Download Attachment
screenshot2.png (3K) Download Attachment
screenshot3.png (5K) Download Attachment
screenshot4.png (2K) Download Attachment
screenshot5.png (13K) Download Attachment
screenshot6.png (34K) Download Attachment
screenshot7.png (13K) Download Attachment
screenshot8.png (44K) Download Attachment
screenshot9.png (44K) Download Attachment
screenshot10.png (24K) Download Attachment
screenshot11.png (24K) Download Attachment
screenshot12.png (28K) Download Attachment
screenshot13.png (36K) Download Attachment
screenshot14.png (10K) Download Attachment
screenshot15.png (11K) Download Attachment