Quantcast

Joint 9/10 problem (thumb stay in flex position)

Joint 9/10 problem (thumb stay in flex position)

Maxime Petit
Hi all,

We have some problem with the thumb of the right hand with our iCub in Lyon. The joint 9 and 10 have some issues : we could flex the thumb but not extend it (using robotMotorGui). In the picture in attachment, there is the cable in the basis of the thumb which seems slack.

Are this cable involve in the joint 9 and 10 moves? If it is the problem cause, what is the procedure to fix it?

Or do you need other informations to determine the problem?

Thanks in advance

--
Maxime PETIT, PhD Student
INSERM U846

http://www.youtube.com/user/MaximePetitU846/videos

right_thumb_joint_9_10.JPG (2M) Download Attachment

Re: Joint 9/10 problem (thumb stay in flex position)

Stefano Saliceti

Hi Maxime,

looks like your proximal joint tendon might be broken (worn or following an accident).

To assess that, please:

-          Shut down the robot

-          Remove the forearm cover (take cake to remove the skin connection from the MTB boards)

-          With a flat-head screwdriver override the movement of the central motor (see below). If it’s too hard to rotate by hand do not force it and report.

-          Monitor the presence of an excess of slack in the tendon around the pullet (compare with the other proximal tendons motor or take a picture).

-          Please let us know your findings

Please doublecheck that joint #10 should be running ok from robotMotorGui (or even during the calibration procedure).

Let us know

Stefano

Re: Joint 9/10 problem (thumb stay in flex position)

Maxime-Petit
Hi Hackers,

I just encountered the same problem with Imperial (London01) iCub today.

I cannot open the thumb (right hand) by playing with the central motor : it stays flexed after the calibration (Joint 9 and 10 at their maxzimum value, using robotMotorGui to change that is not working either)

It seems that one wire, at the base of the thumb is "split" appart instead of been neat, with the knot. But it still is in place so the knot may be fine. (see picture)

Do you want also icubInterface log or picture of a specific part?

./Max

Re: Joint 9/10 problem (thumb stay in flex position)

Stefano Saliceti
Hi Max,
get on Skype, we might have quick fixes for you!!

Cheers

<http://robotcub-hackers.2198711.n2.nabble.com/file/n7579003/IMG_20140915_141608.jpg>