Quantcast

Kinematics

Ashraf Zia [asz]

Dear List,

I am new to iKin library and gone through multiple readings and programs on wiki.icub.org.

I was just wondering how to define a point in the 3D space of the iCub simulator, then move to that point using right arm of the robot and concentrate on that specific point using eyes in the head of the iCub. If the point is entered randomly by the user then both of these components (arm, head) should adjust. The arm should move to that point and orientation of the head along with the eyes should change or fixate on that point.

About defining a point in the 3D space am a bit confused. Following the tutorial program at here using the getPose() and gotoPoseSync() functions i can reach to a particular location in space but its measured distance wise (in meters) with respect to a reference frame from the torso. Some other questions raising are:

1. Is it allowed to create multiple devices (device drivers) for playing with more than one body component (right_arm, left_arm etc) of the robot? I tried but the later defined overriddes the previous one.

2. Should i use multiple threads to deal with more than one body component simultaneously?

3. I have run various tutorial programs where the generated Target function defines trajectories (circular in most cases) for various elements. I was just wondering how these trajectories are calculated using mathematics (kinematics) in the background.

I want to master kinematics. I have studied DH Parameters and understood it conceptually and as far my understanding of this problem is, it deals with defining a point using Cartesian coordinates in the search space.

Can you please provide a very basic level guide for forward/inverse kinematics and program for its implementation on iCub or other helpful resources? And guidance on how to implement the above mentioned program using iKin library.

Thank you

Ashraf Zia

Re: Kinematics

pattacini

Hi Ashraf,

Why don’t you post the same message on our Q&A forum (https://github.com/robotology/QA/issues/new)?

Read the guidelines for that: https://github.com/robotology/QA/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md.

This way you’ll have more chances to get an answer.

Regards,

Ugo

Re: Kinematics

Ashraf Zia [asz]