Multiple icub simulators in the same machine

Multiple icub simulators in the same machine

Thusi
Dear Hackers,

Assuming that one has a powerful enough machine, is it possible to run two independent icub simulators and control them independently from two application? (just to speed up multiple cases of training by running two jobs in parallel).

I have figured out that we might need to get two yarpservers running to get this done. In that case my questions are,

1) is there an easy way to get two yarpservers running at two different sockets? (even now we can specify the socket, but the conf.d file is shared, so I cant open two servers)
2)assuming I created two servers in the same ip but different sockets, can how can I specify the socket number when I launch the Icub so that the two can run independantly?
3)and lastly, when I connect from the application, how do I specify the two yarp/icub instances to the application?

Thanks for any help or advice, I'm sure someone might have attempted this before...

Thusitha

Re: Multiple icub simulators in the same machine

Pedro Vicente
Hi.

I think that is possible to run two or more iCub Simulators in the same server using this feature:
iCub_SIM --name anyName       (where anyName can be any string---Remember that this will also change all the simulator port names accordingly)
I didn't try to control them before, but they will open with different ports.

Cheers,

Pedro Vicente

[...]

Great.. thanks. I hoped that there would be a simple and elegant solution like this.

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Pedro Vicente <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thusitha Chandrapala