Problem with object creation

Fabien Benureau
Hi, I am using the iCub simulator on Mac OS X 10.6 (rev 12077), with the lastest yarp2 (rev 8630, passing all the tests). I have trouble creating objects in the simulator.

From the iCub Simulator Readme :
fabien:~ fabien$ yarp rpc /icubSim/world
yarp: Sending output from anon_rpc to /icubSim/world using tcp
world mk box 0.03 0.03 0.03 0.3 0.2 1 1 0 0
Response: [fail] "location not set"

And the output in the iCub Sim terminal is :
ODE world
Operation:
  cmd?: mk
  kind: box
  name: not set
  dynamic: True
  location: 0.3 0.2 1
  size: 0.03 0.03 0.03
  color: 1 0 0
  rotation: not set
  radius: not set
  length: not set
  active: not set
  index: not set
  parameter: not set
  rightHanded?: not set
  modelName: not set
  modelTexture: not set
Operation:
  cmd?: mk
  kind: box
  name: not set
  dynamic: True
  location: 0.3 0.2 1
  size: 0.03 0.03 0.03
  color: 1 0 0
  rotation: not set
  radius: not set
  length: not set
  active: not set
  index: not set
  parameter: not set
  rightHanded?: not set
  modelName: not set
  modelTexture: not set
Result:
  success: false
  msg: location not set
  location: not set
  path: not set

What I am doing wrong ?

OSX YARP/iCub_SIM important bug fix -- was Re: Problem with object creation

paulfitz
Administrator
Hi Fabien,

It is over a month since you sent this email, sorry for the delay.  The
simulator problem was very mysterious, and turned out to be an arcane
problem in YARP, now fixed.  If you are using homebrew, you could
upgrade your YARP with:
   brew install yarp --force --HEAD
After a recompile, the simulator should work as expected.

Thanks to Ingo Keller for helping track down this problem.  One small
(but crucial) part of YARP was failing to detect that it was building on
a Mac, and then proceeded to mess up a structure packing option.  This
was very bad, and hard to debug.  My apologies to Mac users for this.

Cheers,
Paul