Qt problems?

Anthony Morse
Hi,

I’ve just set up a new machine and I’m struggling to compile my code (qt4).
I’m getting: no matching function for call to QString::QString(yarp::os::ConstString)
I’ve probably missed some obvious step but it seems qt is failing to find yarp functions, however cmake find yarp does find yarp but similarly fails…

any help or advice appreciated, thanks

Tony
________________________________
[http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/images/email_footer.gif]<http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/worldclass>

Re: Qt problems?

Tobias Fischer
Hi,

you are trying to pass a yarp::os::ConstString to the constructor of a
QString, and this constructor does not exist. Use the c_str() method of
the yarp string to get a C-style string, and pass that to the
constructor of the QString, and your code should compile. If it doesn't,
some more information about your environment, and a minimal example of
your code would be useful :).

Best,
Tobi

On 08/10/15 10:01, Anthony Morse wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’ve just set up a new machine and I’m struggling to compile my code (qt4).
> I’m getting: no matching function for call to QString::QString(yarp::os::ConstString)
> I’ve probably missed some obvious step but it seems qt is failing to find yarp functions, however cmake find yarp does find yarp but similarly fails…
>
> any help or advice appreciated, thanks
>
> Tony
> [http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/images/email_footer.gif]<http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/worldclass>
>
> This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient then copying, distribution or other use of the information contained is strictly prohibited and you should not rely on it. If you have received this email in error please let the sender know immediately and delete it from your system(s). Internet emails are not necessarily secure. While we take every care, Plymouth University accepts no responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan emails and their attachments. Plymouth University does not accept responsibility for any changes made after it was sent. Nothing in this email or its attachments constitutes an order for goods or services unless accompanied by an official order form.

Re: Qt problems?

Anthony Morse
Hi Tobias,

Thanks, that was the problem. fixed now