ROS and yarp problem

Arturo Ribes-2
Hi,

I have a problem with one of my yarp modules. It also runs ROS, but i receive the following error message:

[ERROR] [1397143980.880958174]: [registerPublisher] Failed to contact master at [localhost:11311].  Retrying...

Before, the yarp server was running on the icub and the roscore in my computer. Now i changed to another computer with no access to icub, so i intend to run yarpserver and roscore in the same machine.
I have set up the ROS_MASTER_URI=http://localhost:11311, ROS_HOSTNAME=localhost, ROS_IP=127.0.0.1 with no luck.
The other ros nodes (no yarp used) work properly. So far, I discovered that the source of the problem comes when declaring Network yarp; in my main() function, right before declaring the ROS NodeHandle nh; but now I don't know what else to try.
I also tried executing yarpserver --ros as it says in http://eris.liralab.it/yarpdoc/yarp_with_ros.html#yarp_with_ros_roscore_only but I don't see what the document says i should be seeing:

Using ROS with ROS_MASTER_URI=http://127.0.0.1:11311
 * register "/ros" xmlrpc "127.0.0.1" 11311

Thanks in advance,

--
Arturo Ribes
PhD Student

Re: ROS and yarp problem

paulfitz
Administrator
Hi Arturo,

Thanks for reporting this.  Do you mind moving the conversation to our
issue tracker:
   https://github.com/robotology/yarp/issues/new
Can you paste in that issue what you *do* see from yarpserver --ros, and
also the output of "yarp version".

Cheers,
Paul