Re: Error by Ashraf Zia

Giulia Vezzani
Hi,

I think that I found the error in the code that causes this message:

yarpdev: ***ERROR*** driver <cartesiancontrollerclient> was found but could not open,

in Ashraf Zia's code.
The modified .cpp file (main.cpp for the sake of simplicity) is attached herewith.
I think that the program is expected to run on the simulator. Thus, the error was in:

option.put("remote","/icub/cartesianController/right_arm");

since the specified robot is "icub", instead of icubSim.
I replaced the code line with:

option.put("remote","/icubSim/cartesianController/right_arm");

and I successfully tested the executable on my pc with the simulator.
I also added a command output which prints "Everything is running well", just to test the correct working in the terminal.

If, instead, the executable is expected to run on the robot, I'll need more information to debug the code.

I hope it will help!
Giulia

main.cpp (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Error by Ashraf Zia

Ashraf Zia [asz]

Hi Giulia,

Thanks for pointing out the silly mistake. &#X1f60a

Am new to iCub and playing with the basics. I also experienced to launch extra modules before running the program in the following manner:

1. launch yarp server

2. launch iCub_SIM

3. launch simCartesianControl

4. launch iKinCartesianSolver --context simCartesianControl --part right_arm

then CMakeLists.txt for compilation.

Thank you

Ashraf Zia
PhD Research Scholar
Aberystwyth University

Re: Error by Ashraf Zia

Giulia Vezzani
Hi Ashraf,

it's the correct  practice to  launch your executable and play with the simulator and the Cartesian Control.
I'm glad that I was able to help you!