Simulator, ODE and possible problems you might come across

Simulator, ODE and possible problems you might come across

Martin Peniak
Hi guys,

Just thought I would write this email to help anyone who experience problems with simulator such as exploding iCub when you trying to grasp something even wen little forces are applied.
I have managed to sort this problem by compiling older version of ODE (0.9) with double precision.

when configuring ODE use the following flag:
./configure --enable-double-precision

I have tried compiling ODE (0.10 and 0.11) with double precision but for some reasons the simulator will not run when you use these versions together with double precision.

I hope someone will find this information useful :)
Martin Peniak
www.martinpeniak.com