The new coupling of the shoulder has an offset - iCub Lisboa

The new coupling of the shoulder has an offset - iCub Lisboa

Plinio Moreno-2
Dear all,

we just recently got the upgrade of the shoulders. We executed a demo
and the left arm touched the waist and the shoulder's spindle now has a
small offset, which causes the robot to have an offset in the home position.

The attached picture shows the offset. Shall we tighten up the screws of
this piece and re-execute the arm calibration?

Best regards,

--
___________________

Plinio Moreno López
http://www.isr.ist.utl.pt/~plinio
[hidden email]
___________________

20141126_120642.jpg (1M) Download Attachment

Re: [Icub-support] The new coupling of the shoulder has an offset - iCub Lisboa

Stefano Saliceti

Hi Plinio,

surely you can.

The screw you should tighten are the ones higlither in the pic below...

To get to them, unfortunately you will have to remove the tendons #5-6-7-8, open un the shoulder joint and remove the arm (will still be attached by the cables).

We can remote assist you in the operation (Skype) from next Monday if you deem you need support.

Cheers

Stefano

Recalibration will be needed if you do not replace the shaft in the original position.