YARP and Java, C# - SWIG multiple inheritance

YARP and Java, C# - SWIG multiple inheritance

Keresztfalvi, Laszlo
Hello,

As fas as I know SWIG has already developed the multiple inheritance support but I have no clue how to enable or use that feature in the YARP build mechanism.

I need YARP for both Java and C#, as well as python. So I definitely need this feature!
We chose YARP becuase of the stated support for these languages and platforms.
Please advise.

Thank you,
Laszlo

Re: YARP and Java, C# - SWIG multiple inheritance

paulfitz
Administrator
Hi Laszlo,

Could you open an issue on the yarp repository about this?
   https://github.com/robotology/yarp/issues/new

What would be great is to give a specific example of something you would
like to do that is not currently possible.  Translating C++ multiple
inheritance into a language with single inheritance plus interfaces is
awkward and swig makes a good attempt but can need some help.  It can be
easy to fix specific problems, while solving the general problem is harder.

Best,
Paul