Yarp from Matlab problem

Khoramshahi Mahdi
Hello,

I am trying to use Yarp from Matlab, so I am following these steps:

I am getting the updated yarp from:
git clone git://github.com/robotology/yarp.git

and Java  by:
sudo apt-get install openjdk-6-jdk

and Swing by:
sudo apt-get install swig

in the yarp/binding I do:
mkdir build
cd build

In ccmake .., I turn on the CREATE_JAVA and for the make, I get:

Scanning dependencies of target jyarp
[100%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/jyarp.dir/yarpJAVA_wrap.cxx.o
Linking CXX shared module libjyarp.so
[100%] Built target jyarp

After this, I get bunch of .java files in the yarp/binding/generated_src,
and I try to create .class files (for Matlab) using:
javac -source 1.3 -target 1.3 *.java

which seem results in a syntax error in the java codes

warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.3
RpcServer.java:94: error: asPort() in RpcServer cannot override asPort() in AbstractContactable
public Port asPort() {
^
return type Port is not compatible with SWIGTYPE_p_Port
RpcClient.java:70: error: asPort() in RpcClient cannot override asPort() in AbstractContactable
public Port asPort() {
^
return type Port is not compatible with SWIGTYPE_p_Port
2 errors
1 warning

It seems that these codes are auto-generated by the swig and yarp.i should be modified.

Thanks in advance for helping me resolving this problem.

Best,
Mahdi

Re: Yarp from Matlab problem

paulfitz
Administrator

Thanks Mahdi for the very clear report.  I think this should now be fixed:
   https://github.com/robotology/yarp/commit/a20d4f9c
If you still see a problem, please file an issue:
   https://github.com/robotology/yarp/issues/new

Best,
Paul