cvBlobslLib doesn't compile

Frank Förster
Hello all,

I just updated my copy of the iCub repository and noted, that the
cvBlobsLib module doesn't compile any more.
It's not necessary for me at the moment, but as it is activated by
default (ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(cvBlobsLib) is not out-
commented ), I thought I'd let you know.

The compiler message is:

[ 22%] Building CXX object src/cvBlobsLib/CMakeFiles/cvBlobs.dir/
BlobExtraction.o
/Users/frank/bin/iCub/src/cvBlobsLib/BlobExtraction.cpp: In function
‘bool BlobAnalysis(IplImage*, uchar, IplImage*, bool, bool,
blob_vector&)’:
/Users/frank/bin/iCub/src/cvBlobsLib/BlobExtraction.cpp:110: error:
‘struct _IplImage’ has no member named ‘rows’
/Users/frank/bin/iCub/src/cvBlobsLib/BlobExtraction.cpp:110: error:
‘struct _IplImage’ has no member named ‘rows’
/Users/frank/bin/iCub/src/cvBlobsLib/BlobExtraction.cpp:110: error:
‘struct _IplImage’ has no member named ‘cols’
/Users/frank/bin/iCub/src/cvBlobsLib/BlobExtraction.cpp:110: error:
‘struct _IplImage’ has no member named ‘cols’

I checked IplImage.h and the stated members indeed don't exist in the
struct _IplImage.
Could the one, who wrote/modified this module or one of the
maintainers please fix this? Alternatively outcommenting the
'ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(cvBlobsLib)' line from <iCub_ROOT>/src/
CMakeLists.txt would aready be enough for letting the whole
repository compile smoothly.

Thanks

Frank

Re: cvBlobslLib doesn't compile

SpiglerG

[...]

My OpenCV (latest) correctly defines CV_ARE_SIZES_EQ (the line crashing) as #define CV_ARE_SIZES_EQ(mat1, mat2) \
    ((mat1)->height == (mat2)->height && (mat1)->width == (mat2)->width)

 which is ok.

However I can find old (?) definitions using `rows` and `cols` instead of width/height on the internet. Perhaps this is your case.
Could you please tell me how is it defined on your system (you can find it into cxtypes.h, usually under /usr/local/include/opencv)

--Giacomo

Re: cvBlobslLib doesn't compile

Frank Förster
Hi Giacomo,

that explains it - version problem here.
My version of OpenCV (the latest tar ball from their website: opencv-1-1.1pre1.tar) has here

#define CV_ARE_SIZES_EQ(mat1, mat2) \
    ((mat1)->rows == (mat2)->rows && (mat1)->cols == (mat2)->cols)

instead of

#define CV_ARE_SIZES_EQ(mat1, mat2) \
((mat1)->height == (mat2)->height && (mat1)->width == (mat2)->width)

in cxtypes.h.

I tried to install the svn version, but it wouldn't compile, due to some broken modules.
That's why I'm using the slightly older version.
Many people around me have problems with the newest version and use the older "stable" one.
Good to know, that these two are not compatible at some points as we can see here.

Thanks for the hint.

Frank