iCubSImulator and Grab function

valerio.sperati
Please, can anyone explain me how 'grab'  function works in iCubSimulator?
The documentation in Simulator_README is very poor (for me!).

I tryied the following: I created a static box in front of the icub:
world mk sbox 0.1 0.1 0.1 -0.1 0.65 0.25 0 0 1

and then I tried to grab it through right hand
world grab sbox 1 right 1

but received the message:
Response: [fail] "right hand must be disabled, cannot use grab with fingers"

Now, this message is mysterious for me :)
What do I have to expect from 'grab' function?
Thanks!

Re: iCubSImulator and Grab function

Vadim Tikhanoff-2
The "grab" function only works when the hand (right or left) is not activated (disabled in the $ICUB_ROOT/app/simConfig/conf/iCub_patrs_activation.ini.
Hence the "mysterious" message: hand must be disabled.

This creates a virtual joint between the hand selected and the object therefore once set the object will be "glued" to the hand.
This was added for people who did not want to actually grasp an object with all fingers, but still move objects around with the hand.

Vadim

Re: iCubSImulator and Grab function

PavolB
I have also this kind of problem:

yarp rpc /icubSim/world
world grab ball left 1

I have also deactivated the left and right hand in iCub_parts_activation.ini and there is another problem:

in iCub_SIM command line window a lot of messages like this:
ODE Message 3: LCP internal error, s <= 0 (s=-2.7814e-001)
robot does not grab the ball

I run it under windows 7 64-bit, I also tried to run it under linux in vmware and the result is similar