problem in compiling YARP with ACE 6.0.2

problem in compiling YARP with ACE 6.0.2

serena ivaldi-2

Hello

We have a problem when installing YARP with ACE 6.0.2 on Ubuntu server 10.04 LTS.

There are many compilation errors, which we solved adding some missing includes in the header files.

But then we have extra linking errors… so is this version supported by YARP?

Thanks

Serena

Re: problem in compiling YARP with ACE 6.0.2

Fabien Benureau
Hi Serena,

I have successfully installed Yarp on Ubuntu 11.04 and Mac OS X 10.6 using ACE 6.0.2. I did have some include and linking problems (on Mac OS X, -lcairo and -lintl are not found, for example), which I solved inelegantly by switching to advanced mode in cmake and adding adequate lines in the CMAKE_LINKER_FLAGS variable.

Hope that helps,
Fabien

Re: problem in compiling YARP with ACE 6.0.2

serena ivaldi-2
Thank you Fabien, we'll try that :)
Serena

Re: problem in compiling YARP with ACE 6.0.2

Lorenzo Natale-2
Hi Serena,
the most recent version of ACE we have tested is ACE 6.0.1; it is
possible that 6.0.2 has some problems. Since Ubuntu 10.04 provides an
older version I guess you have compiled and installed ACE yourself, in
this case it should not be difficult to downgrade it.

Here is a list of versions of ACE that are known to be tested with YARP:
http://eris.liralab.it/wiki/Which_version_of_ACE

Cheers,
Lorenzo

--
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
Lorenzo Natale, PhD

Re: problem in compiling YARP with ACE 6.0.2

ivaldi
Hi Lorenzo,
we actually found a way to install that versione of ACE, by modifying
manually some header files, but at the end we decided to downgrade, so
we don't force people in paris to do the same we did.
Thanks!
Serena