yarp::os::Property & groups

Stéphane Lallée
Hi !

I'm trying to mimic a config file from the code. I have a property on which I call the "put" method to set my desired properties.
However I would like also to create groups. There is the method "findGroup" in property, but I do not understand how to create neatly a group.

From what I understand I should probably create a Value, interpreted it as a list, fill it and then add that in my property. But I wanted to know if there is any "addGroup" for property...

Thanks in advance,

Stéphane Lallée

*~~~~~~~~~~~~*
Synthetic, Perceptive, Cognitive and Emotive Systems (SPECS)
Universitat Pompeu Fabra
COMMUNICATION-POBLENOU CAMPUS (LA NAU building)
Roc Boronat, 138. 08018 Barcelona

http://specs.upf.edu/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Re: yarp::os::Property & groups

paulfitz
Administrator
Hi Stéphane,

Your understanding is right, that's how you'd have to do it. There was
no addGroup method.  I just added one, if that helps.
   https://github.com/robotology/yarp/commit/2c349339f4

Paul

On 05/09/2014 03:12 PM, Stéphane Lallée wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I'm trying to mimic a config file from the code. I have a property on
> which I call the "put" method to set my desired properties.
> However I would like also to create groups. There is the method
> "findGroup" in property, but I do not understand how to create neatly
> a group.
>
> From what I understand I should probably create a Value, interpreted
> it as a list, fill it and then add that in my property. But I wanted
> to know if there is any "addGroup" for property...
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Stéphane Lallée
>
> *~~~~~~~~~~~~*
> Synthetic, Perceptive, Cognitive and Emotive Systems (SPECS)
> Universitat Pompeu Fabra
> /COMMUNICATION-POBLENOU CAMPUS (LA NAU building)
> Roc Boronat, 138. 08018 Barcelona/
> http://specs.upf.edu/

Re: yarp::os::Property & groups

Stéphane Lallée
Thanks a lot Paul !

Meanwhile I managed to do it using "fromConfig()" which was indeed quite easy to use combined with a stringstream. But I'll use addGroup in the future :)

Thanks again !

Stéphane Lallée