yarp performances

Lorenzo Natale
Dear all,
some time ago I have done some tests to characterize the YARP "realtime"
performances on Linux Debian. I have found that the kernel version of
Linux can make a huge difference on the network/scheduler performances
(the main message is that it is better to use recent kernels >=2.6.24)

I have written a technical report that contains the results of these
tests. It is still a draft, but since I don't know when I will have time
to continue working on it I have uploaded it on the YARP wiki:

http://eris.liralab.it/wiki/YARP

See: "A study on YARP performances", or use the direct link to the document:

http://eris.liralab.it/yarp/media/yarp-tests-1.1.pdf

I hope it can be useful. I would also be interested to hear your feedback.

Cheers,
Lorenzo

--
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia